Best Motivational Quotes from Famous Athletes
We all struggle with the motivation to work out consistently. Perhaps it’s the motivation to keep going when we aren’t seeing the results we want as quickly as we want. Perhaps it’s the motivation to keep going when we don’t think we have anything left physically. Whichever one it is, it is totally natural to struggle in your fitness journey. Whether you are new to the healthy lifestyle or have been living and breathing it for 20 years, it’s totally normal to experience these feelings – everyone does.
Believe it or not, even your HIIT-loving fitness buddy and the runners you see out at sunrise sometimes struggle to stay motivated and inspired. It’s true! Even famous athletes who’ve dedicated their lives to a sport struggle. Everyone struggles; it’s the reaction to that struggle that sets you apart.
To help you through this struggle you need a little inspiration. Sometimes it can come from someone cheering you on. Sometimes it comes from a Trainer or a Group Fitness Instructor. Sometimes it comes from somewhere deep inside.
And sometimes it comes in the form of a quote, which is why we pulled together our favorite fitness quotes from famous athletes to help you stay motivated on those days when it is hard to do so. We hope you find something that really speaks to you in that moment you need it most.
1) “If something stands between you and your success, move it. Never be denied.”
—Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
2) “Don’t be afraid of failure. This is the way to succeed.”
3) “You dream. You plan. You reach. There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, with belief, with confidence and trust in yourself and those around you, there are no limits.”
4) "You must not only have competitiveness but ability, regardless of the circumstance you face, to never quit."
5) “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”
6) “It’s going to be a journey. It’s not a sprint to get in shape.”
—Kerri Walsh Jennings
7) “Just believe in yourself. Even if you don’t pretend that you do and, and some point, you will.”
8) “Champions keep playing until they get it right.”
—Billie Jean King
9) “It is more difficult to stay on top than to get there.”
10) “If you persevere long enough, if you do the right things long enough, the right things will happen.”
11) “It doesn’t matter what you’re trying to accomplish. It’s all a matter of discipline.”
12) “The only person who can stop you from reaching your goals is you.”
About the Author