Coconut Chicken Skewers
Coming in at under 250 calories per serving, we seriously can’t get enough of these skewers! Serves 4-6.
What You’ll Need
- 8 chicken boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1-2-inch cubes
- 2 limes, juiced and zested
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon shallots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- fresh cilantro, garnish
What to Do:
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut milk, cumin, coriander, brown sugar, garlic powder, chili flakes, shallots, curry powder, soy sauce, ginger, lime juice and zest, plus salt and pepper (if using) until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a large, re-sealable plastic bag and add cubed chicken.
- Seal bag and refrigerate for 2-4 hours, or overnight.
- Once chicken has had a chance to marinade, thread meat onto skewers and set remaining marinade aside.
- Heat your grill or griddle to medium-high heat and cook skewers, rotating frequently and brushing with marinade, until completely cooked through.
- Transfer skewers to serving plates, garnish with fresh cilantro and serve immediately!