Curried Chicken Salad
Eating well is an important part of improving your health and reducing your cancer risk. Take a good hard look at what you typically eat each day and try these tips to build a healthy diet plan for yourself and your family: Here’s a recipe from the ACS website.
- 1 small onion, sliced thinly
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons curry powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 15-ounce can mandarin oranges, drained well
- 4 scallions, chopped finely
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons sweetened, flaked coconut, divided
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 24 whole-wheat crackers
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Scatter onion slices on the bottom of a medium baking dish. Place chicken in baking dish and sprinkle with curry and garlic salt. Pour orange juice around chicken.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Cool, then cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In a medium bowl, mix chicken, oranges, scallions, raisins, and 1 tablespoon of coconut. Stir in mayonnaise.
- Transfer to serving bowl and top with remaining coconut. Serve with whole-wheat crackers.
Per Serving (approximate)
Total Fat 7 g