Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie
The holiday season is all about family, fun and food, but sometimes we don’t make the best food choices. Here’s a healthy recipe to help you get your pumpkin fix without eating a ton of sugar.
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2/3 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
- 1-1/2 cups ice
Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend on high for at least 3 minutes or until smooth. Enjoy!
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender in the order listed. Blend on high for at least 3 minutes or until smooth - this may take longer if your blender isn't very strong. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Add more milk to thin out if it is too thick. Add a couple more ice cubes for a thicker texture, if desired. Add more spices to taste, if desired.
Yield: 2 smoothies or 1 monster size smoothie
Total Time: 5 minutes
- Healthy Recipes