Group Fitness Reopening FAQs
Group Fitness will look a little different once we're allowed to resume classes. See our Group Fitness Reopening FAQs below. For more information about our club experience, safety measures and membership information, click here.
Se habla espanol? Haga clic aquí.
Do I need a reservation to attend a group fitness class?
Yes, all group fitness classes require a reservation. Please book your class before coming to the club. Make your club reservation first, then book your group fitness reservation. To make a reservation, follow these steps and see the screenshot below:
After you have completed your club reservation, follow these steps:
- Select Club Reservations in the top left navigation, then select the Upcoming Reservation you'd like to reserve an activity.
- Once your Reservation Details are showing, select the ">" to the right of the Member's name and select Add Activity.
- You'll now see all the Group Fitness classes and activities that are available during your Club Reservation. Select the Group Fitness class you'd like to attend and click Submit
- Once you've selected all of the above, you'll see the new Activity added to your Reservation Details and you're all set.
- Find the class you’d like to attend before making a Club Reservation by tapping the Upcoming Classes tile on the home screen of the In-Shape app.
- Review the Group Fitness schedule for your club, and once you find a class you’d like to attend, make a Club Reservation for 30 minutes before the class starts.
- Once your Club Reservation is confirmed, follow the steps above to make your Group Fitness reservation.
Click image to enlarge.
Where can I see the Group Fitness Schedule?
Just choose the “Class Schedule” icon in your app and search by club to view the schedule.
How do I check in to my group fitness class?
The studio will open 5 minutes before the start of class. Please do not enter the room until an instructor welcomes you inside. We want to make sure that the studio is cleaned and sanitized before you enter.
- Open your app and have your reservation ready or have your printed email confirmation available to present to the instructor.
- Line up outside of the studio following physical distancing markers. Please do not get in line until your reservation confirmation is ready to view.
Need help booking a class? Head to the Welcome Desk and they will assist you.
What group fitness classes are currently available?
Our initial formats include: Yoga Burn, Yoga Restore, BODYFLOW, Pilates, POP Pilates, Barre Fusion & BODYPUMP. Class formats and scheduling will vary by location. We will continue to add classes in the near future.
Why are you only offering these classes?
These class formats allow members to maintain physical distancing without impacting their workout. As we move into the next phases (determined by local guidelines), we will have more classes available.
What should I bring to class?
Bring your own mat, water bottle, and towel. If you are attending a yoga class, please bring your own blocks and straps if desired.
How long are classes?
All classes will be 45 minutes to allow time for cleaning and resetting the studio between classes.
Do you offer any new classes?
Yes! We’re excited to introduce Yoga Burn and Yoga Restore.
Yoga Burn: Ignite your internal fire with this fast-paced, fluid style yoga flow. Move through a sequence of yoga postures to strengthen and tone the body, while challenging flexibility and increasing mobility. Power up your practice, and power up your confidence!
Yoga Restore: Gentle postures and breathwork will stretch your body and unwind your mind. This class will increase your flexibility and mobility and will complement your cardio and strength workout routine. Calm your body and your mind to find balance on and off the mat.
Are all classes included in my membership?
If you are a legacy member (joined before we reopened), you have access to both Freestyle and Studio classes. If you signed up after we reopened with a Blue membership, you have access to all Freestyle and Studio classes. If you signed up with the Basic membership, you have access to Freestyle classes only. You will see this noted on the class schedule with an [F] for Freestyle or [S] for Studio. If you would like to change your membership, please ask a team member to assist you.
What’s the difference between Freestyle and Studio Classes?
At In-Shape, our fitness classes are designed to offer our members variety at all fitness levels.
- Freestyle classes feature formats exclusive to In-Shape that include Yoga, Pilates, Barre Fusion and Cardio Burn. We will be adding Cycle, Aqua and Senior classes to the schedule in the near future.
- Studio classes feature programming such as Les Mills, Zumba, WOD UJAM, POP Pilates, and Bootcamps. We will be adding Aqua, HIIT and Cycle classes to the schedule in the near future.
Will any classes be taught outdoors?
Yes! We will be hosting outdoor classes at our clubs with tennis courts.
|Tennis Locations||Club Level**|
|Fairfield Rancho Solano||Double Diamond|
|Stockton West Lane||Gold|
|Vacaville Brown's Valley||Diamond|
|Vallejo Lincoln Road||Platinum|
Outdoor Classes: Yoga Burn, Yoga Restore, Pilates, POP Pilates, Zumba, WOD U-Jam, BODYCOMBAT & BODYFLOW. Classes vary by location*.
**All members have network access to visit clubs in their level through July 31st.
Can I book more than one class per day?
Yes, you can book multiple activities within your 2-hour club reservation.
How far in advance can I book a class?
You may book a class 48 hours in advance.
Can I reserve a specific spot in class?
The app reservation does not guarantee you a specific spot in class.
Can I reserve a class after it’s started?
In an effort to create an awesome class experience, we ask that members arrive on time. Once the class starts, it will no longer be available in the app for reservation.
Will Kid Zone be available?
Kid Zone is temporarily unavailable.