3 Crockpot Recipes That Will Fill You Up Without Filling You Out
Spend more time with your family and less time in the kitchen with these recipes that will fill you up without filling you out. Slow cookers are affordable and make budget friendly ingredients like chicken thighs, beef brisket or pork shoulder taste delicious thanks to the slow, gentle, heat that brings out the flavor of the food. Not only can they be wallet friendly, but there are a ton of recipes that are friendly on your waist too.
I mean, it’s maximum flavor, for minimum effort. Enticed yet?
One Pot Chicken, Green Bean and Potato Dinner
- 1.5- 2lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ½ lb. fresh green beans, trimmed (about 2.5 cups)
- 1.25 lb. diced red potatoes (about 4 cups)
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Place the chicken in the center of your slow cooker. Add the green beans on one side. Mound the potatoes high to the other side. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic cloves. Pour it evenly over everything. Cook on high for 4 hours and don’t open the lid. Note: fresh lemon juice is a must – don’t use the bottled stuff.
Slow Cooker Chicken Adobo
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon, freshly squeezed
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tbsp sugar or to taste
- 6-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Serve with green vegetable of choice, hardboiled eggs, and rice or quinoa.
Place ingredients in crock pot. Toss to coat chicken with the liquid. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours until the chicken is tender and falls apart. Serve with rice or quinoa, steamed green beans, broccoli, bok choy (or any green vegetable of choice) on bottom, and place chicken on top with a spoonful of sauce. Enjoy.
Three Ingredient, Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 container of your favorite salsa (mild, medium or spicy at your own risk!)
- 1 packet of your favorite taco seasoning
Add chicken, salsa and taco seasoning to the crock pot. Toss to coat. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 7-8, until the chicken shreds easily. Shred chicken using two forks inside the crock pot so it soaks up any remaining liquid. Can be used to make delicious tacos, burritos, as a topping for salads and is great for meal prep!