3 Healthy Summer-Ready Recipes
After a whole year of summer dreaming, the sun is finally here—and (just like you) we’re in a summer state of mind!
Summer means more time spent outside with picnics and parties, which leads to not-so-healthy eating choices. Put down the macaroni salad and pass on the ice cream cone; here are some healthier food and drink choices for you to enjoy and feel great!
For a healthy side dish: Cucumber Greek Salad
- 3 cucumbers, peeled and quartered
- 6 Roma tomatoes, sliced and chopped
- ½ of a red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Black olives, sliced (to taste)
- In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, and dried oregano. Pour over the vegetables and mix well. Season salad with salt and pepper.Remove the pan from the freezer and pop each bite out.
- Sprinkle feta cheese and olives over the top of salad and mix. Taste and adjust spices if need be. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
For a healthy dessert: Banana Chocolate Chip Bites
- 5 frozen bananas, sliced
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Place the banana slices in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Stir in ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Using a muffin pan, scoop the banana mixture into each cup, then sprinkle the top of each cup with a few more mini chocolate chips. Place the muffin pan in the freezer for an hour.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and pop each bite out.
For a healthy beverage: Strawberry Mint Water