3 Hearty Overnight Oats Recipes
Streamline your morning routine by making these delicious, nutritious and HEARTy Overnight Oats ahead of time. You'll save time without sacrificing taste, your health, or your wealth!
Oats are incredibly nutritious. They contain a powerful soluble fiber called Beta-Glucan that can lower cholesterol levels and protect LDL cholesterol from damage. They can improve blood sugar and they’re super filling, so you won’t be craving a snack by 10 am! Plus, they’re fairly affordable and go a long way when you prepare them like this.
We’ve packed these overnight oats with chia seeds and flaxseeds for added protein, antioxidants, fiber and omega-3 fatty acids. We used maple syrup to keep these vegan friendly!
Feel free to substitute the coconut and almond milk with whatever kind of milk you have in the fridge. (You can even make these with water in a pinch!) If you don’t have flaxseed or chia seeds, you can skip those too—your final result just won’t be as creamy or thick. If you have extra yogurt in the fridge or nuts in the pantry, these nutritious ingredients are a great way to change up the texture.
What you need for the base:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½-1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
What you do:
- Combine oats, milk, chia seeds, vanilla extract, salt and maple syrup in a large bowl. Stir together until well combined.
- Transfer to two 8-ounce mason jars, cover, and then refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready, top with desired toppings and enjoy!
Three flavorful options to try:
1) Blueberry Overnight Oats: Make the base, fold in a cup of fresh blueberries and then transfer to mason jars to refrigerate overnight. Berry delicious!
2) Coffee Overnight Oats: Substitute the coconut and almond milk for your favorite brewed coffee, then top with your creamer of choice!
3) Banana Overnight Oats: Make the base, fold in a cup of chopped bananas and then transfer to mason jars to work the magic overnight.
Feeling creative? Try using the leftover oats in these delicious superfood breakfast cookies!