6 Health Tips for Prostate Cancer Prevention
Prostate cancer is man's worst enemy when it comes to non-skin cancer among American men. About one in seven men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer during their lifetime. It is the second leading cause of cancer death in American men, behind lung cancer, and about one in 36 men will die of prostate cancer. But there are many ways you can lower the risk of being diagnosed:
1. Eat fewer calories and exercise more to maintain a healthy weight.
2. Men who eat a diet rich in fruits and vegetables may reduce their risk of developing prostate cancer.
3. Avoid smoking and drink alcohol in moderation, if at all.
4. Limit the amount of fat you get from red meat and dairy products.
5. Physical activity is important, so exercise two to three times a week.
6. Eat more fish. Fish may help protect against prostate cancer because of “good fat”– particularly omega-3 fatty acids.
Source: City of Hope - Prostate Cancer