Recharge Card Recipe: Acai Banana Almond Butter Bowl
Craving a delicious breakfast that’s packed with antioxidants, topped with fruit and incredibly delicious? April’s recharge card recipe will deliver just that.
Acai berries, the purple superfood of the Brazilian Amazon, are full of amino acids and essential fatty acids. They can help increase your energy, boost your immune system and make your hair and skin glow! Oh, and did we mention they taste incredible?
You can find flash frozen berries or puree in the frozen fruit section of your supermarket – Trader Joe’s even has them frozen separately in perfectly portioned bags.
What you need:
- 1 3.5 oz package of frozen acai (run it under hot water for 10 seconds)
- ½ cup of frozen strawberries
- 1 sliced banana
- ¼ cup of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- ½ cup of granola
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of flax seeds
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
What you do:
- Blend the acai, strawberries, ½ of banana, coconut milk and almond butter until smooth
- Pour into bowl and top with granola, remaining banana slices, chia seeds, flax seeds and shredded coconut
- Dig in and enjoy!