Apple Pie Oatmeal
Start your day with a healthy breakfast that tastes like a dessert. This delicious oatmeal recipe is sweet, creamy, and satisfying. Best of all, it tastes like a slice of apple pie!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup old fashioned or steel cut oatmeal
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 apple thinly sliced then cut into thirds (basically thin bite sized pieces)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (optional)
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce (if you have the little cups each is 1/2 cup)
- In a medium sauce pan combine the almond milk, oatmeal, cinnamon and maple syrup.
- Heat on low until most of the milk is absorbed (stir as needed).
- Add in the apple sauce and stir together.
- Once all the apple sauce and milk is absorbed (15-20 minutes total) remove from heat and enjoy!
- 309 calories
- 5 g fats
- 8 g fiber
- 6 g protein
- 62 g carbs