Bacon Avocado Keto Burger Bites
When it comes to the keto diet (or any low carb style diet), it can be difficult to navigate the typical party appetizers and snacks. This Super Bowl serve up something that not only will score you MVP host but keep on your nutrition plan. Did someone just say tight-end? With beef, bacon, and guacamole, what’s not to love? Even if you’re not living that Keto life, you’ll be digging in to at least two of these.
What you need:
Your favorite, whole-food based guacamole, or:
- 1 avocado
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ jalapeno, minced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the burger bites:
- 1-pound organic ground beef
- 1 ½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 slices of bacon, cut in half lengthwise
- 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 6 mini mozzarella mini balls, cut in half
- Spinach leaves
What you do:
- If you’re making your own guacamole, mash the avocado and lime juice together until smooth, but still chunky. Add the red onion, garlic, tomato, and jalapeno. Stir and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a different bowl, mix the beef, egg, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Form mixture into 12 balls.
- Take the bacon and wrap each burger. Secure with a toothpick.
- In a large pan over medium heat, add the meatballs and cook until the bacon crisps and the meat is fully cooked through – around 13-14 minutes.
- Serve each burger bite with two leaves of spinach, guacamole, tomato and a piece of mozzarella. Use a toothpick to keep them together until devoured.