Brussels Sprout and Arugula Salad with Walnuts
Peppery arugula and crunchy walnuts give this salad it’s finger licking good flavor, while hearty Brussels sprouts will fill you up without filling you out. One cup of these super sprouts contains just 56 calories, more than double the recommended daily intake of vitamin K and all the vitamin C you need. Full of fiber, potassium, choline, B vitamins and tons of cancer-fighting antioxidants, Brussels sprouts are unsung heroes in the kitchen! So, what are you waiting for? Dig in!
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 Tbs. walnut oil
- 1 Tbs. cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- Using a mandoline or a peeler, thinly shave the Brussels sprouts lengthwise.
- In a small fry pan over medium-low heat, toast the walnuts, stirring, until starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
- Put the shaved Brussels sprouts in a bowl and add the walnut oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and gently mix.
- Divide the arugula among individual plates. Spoon the Brussels sprouts and their juices over the arugula, garnish with the walnuts and serve immediately.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes