Healthy Chickpea Cookie Dough Dip Recipe
If you’ve got a bit of a sweet tooth—and by that we mean, if you’ve ever dreamed of eating an entire bowl of cookie dough—then this healthy cookie dough dip recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie is going to be a total game-changer! It looks and tastes like real cookie dough, but it’s made with…believe it or not…chickpeas. If you don’t believe us, try this recipe and serve it to your family without mentioning it’s healthy! You can serve it with pretzels, graham crackers, fresh fruit, or just eat it by the spoonful.
The recipe below calls for 2/3 cups of brown sugar, but liquid sweeteners (agave, maple, etc.) are fine as well. You can also try it with less sugar – some people will be happy with just 3 tbsp for the whole recipe!
What you need:
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas (1 can, drained and rinsed well)
- 1/8 tsp plus 1/16 tsp salt
- Just over 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup nut butter of choice, or allergy friendly sub
- Up to 1/4 cup milk of choice, only if needed
- 2/3 cup brown sugar or sweetener of choice (see note above)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips or sugar free chocolate chips
- 2-3 tbsp oats, flaxmeal, or almond flour as needed to thicken
What you do:
- Add all ingredients (except for chocolate chips) to a good food processor and process until very smooth.
- Mix in chocolate chips and savor the chocolate chip cookie goodness.