Cucumber Avocado Salad Recipe
When was the last time your kids LOVED a salad and asked for more? We know, it’s rare—and that’s why we’re so excited about this recipe. This Cucumber Avocado “salad” is perfect for families to make and eat together. Kids of any age can help squeeze the lemon, add salt, and stir everything together, and older kids can help cut up the ingredients (with supervision, of course!). Serves 4.
What you need:
- 6 cucumbers
- 2 avocados
- 2 tbsp lemon
- Salt to taste
What you do:
- Wash your cucumbers and avocados.
- Trim ends of cucumbers, then use a vegetable peeler to peel alternating strips – this will help them soak up the salt.
- Slice cucumbers into small bite-sized pieces. Transfer into a strainer and toss with 1 tsp salt, setting aside to drain for 5 minutes.
- Halve your avocados and remove the pits, then use a spoon to cut into cubes. Toss with lemon juice and salt.
- Combine ingredients and give everything a good stir so the avocados begin to coat the cucumber. Season to taste with salt and lemon.
Need a little kick for the adults in your crew? Add some red pepper flakes or a dash of your favorite hot sauce.