Easy Frozen Banana Pops
These frozen banana pops from Mommy’s Home Cooking are a perfectly sweet treat for the whole family! Make a big batch and store these in the freezer for a day you need a pick-me-up. Use white or dark chocolate and try a variety of different toppings like crushed cereal, sprinkles, nuts or coconut flakes. You can even turn this into a family activity and let the kids sprinkle on their favorite toppings!
What you need:
- 5 large bananas
- 10 wooden sticks
- 10 -12 oz chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Toppings of your choice (sprinkles, nuts, coconut flakes…get creative!)
What you do:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Peel the bananas and slice them in half. Gently insert a stick through the cut end of each banana. Freeze 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate with the coconut oil in a microwave-safe container. Set intervals of 30 sec at 50% power, until melted smooth.
- Dip banana, one piece at a time, in the melted chocolate, spooning on additional chocolate to cover.
- Sprinkle each banana with topping of your choice. Let stand until chocolate is firm.
- If not serving immediately, store them in an airtight container or zip-top plastic bag in the freezer, for up to 2 weeks.