Healthy Holiday Appetizer: Avocado Cucumber Rolls
If you find the menu at holiday parties too filling and often leave you feeling sluggish, try serving a few smaller dishes made from fresh ingredients instead of one big dish. Try these delicate rolls of finger food – we promise they are just as good as they look!
Assembled with a homemade avocado spread and topped with fresh dill, each roll bursts with flavor. Best served well-chilled, refrigerate for at least one hour before serving, and consider chilling the serving plate ahead of time too. Happy Holidays!
- 2 cucumbers
- 3 avocados
- ¼ cup capers
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh dill, finely chopped (save a couple sprigs for garnish)
- In a bowl, mix the avocados, capers, salt, pepper, lemon juice, parsley, and dill.
- Use a peeler to create thin strips of cucumber.
- Spread a tablespoon of the avocado mixture onto the cucumber strip and roll up.
- Garnish with a sprig of dill and serve.