How to Get In-Shape Fast for Summer
Memorial Day is quickly approaching, and if you’re like most, you want to be In-Shape for your beach debut. But, like many, you’ve waited until the last minute.
Don’t fret – it’s not too late to start a fitness routine and get In-Shape for summer. With the support of a healthy eating plan and a solid workout routine utilizing some of the tips below, you can see improvements in your physique in a matter of weeks.
Start with the right routine
To get the most from your pre-summer fitness routine, be sure to choose the right exercises for the areas we hide all winter.
For your lower abdomen, try hip lifts off of an exercise ball and leg lifts (or raises) while lying flat. Because they’re more effective than crunches, lifts will supercharge your workout and help you get In-Shape for summer fast.
To perform a hip lift:
1. Lie on your back with your arms to your side and palms flat on the ground.
2. Place your feet on the exercise ball for support. Keep your knees slightly bent.
3. Bring your hips up into the air. Hold this position for a few of seconds, lower and repeat 10 times.
4. For best results, do three sets of 12 reps every day.
When doing leg raises:
1. Begin in the same position as above but with your knees bent and feet resting on the ground about an inch apart.
2. Raise your legs, keeping them fully-extended, and point your feet.
3. Start the exercise by slowly lowering your legs until they’re about an inch from the floor. Keep your legs fully-extended as you raise them until your toes once again point to the ceiling.
4. Do three sets of 12 reps each every day.
Don’t neglect your arms and legs
Getting In-Shape for summer isn’t all about abs, so be sure to work in time for your arms and legs.