Monthly Mocktails: Holiday Edition
Let’s face it. December is a month of decadence. But it doesn’t mean that you have to suffer through the holidays drinking lemon infused sparkling water. These three holiday mocktails are not only delicious, they are low-calorie and wonderfully festive. You’ll feel good knowing that your beverage is in line with your healthy eating plan and will carry you into the New Year feeling confident and in control of your diet. Happy Holidays!
Holiday Cheer ~ 40 Calories
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- 3 ounces club soda
- 1 mint sprig
- ¼ cup raspberries
- ½ ounce lemon juice
- Muddle the mint and the raspberries in the cranberry juice until the mint and raspberry starts to break apart.
- Strain the ingredients into a glass filled with ice.
- Add the club soda and lemon juice and stir well.
Naughty or Spice ~ 35 Calories
- 2 ounces pomegranate juice
- 4 ounces Diet Sprite
- 8 whole cloves
- 1 orange
- Puncture an orange wheel with cloves and soak in the pomegranate juice for 1 – 3 hours.
- When you’re ready for the beverage, add the Diet Sprite, stir, and serve.
Moscow Reindeer ~ 60 Calories
- 4 ounces ginger beer
- ½ ounce fresh lime juice
- ½ ounce fat-free vanilla syrup
- Lime garnish
- Combine the ingredients in a copper mug or low ball and mix well.
- Garnish with a lime and serve.