One Pan Wonder: 30 Min Roasted Fish and Veggies
What’s better than literally using one pan to cook an entire meal? We’re not really sure either, perhaps winning the lotto or being on one of Ellen’s 12 days of Christmas giveaway shows? We might not be able to help you out with the last two, but we can make those weeknight dinners tastier, easier, healthier and faster to clean up!
We love this recipe from Damn Delicious and think you will too. It boasts roasted asparagus, cherry tomatoes and healthy protein rich flaky fish all in 30 minutes and on ONE sheet pan. If tilapia isn’t your favorite fish, substitute cod or another white fish you love.
What you need:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, or more, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1-pound asparagus, trimmed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, garlic, lemon juice and Italian seasoning; reserve 2 tablespoons and set aside.
- Place asparagus in a single layer onto one side of the prepared baking sheet. Stir in 2 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place tomatoes in a single layer in the middle of the prepared baking sheet. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place tilapia in a single layer onto the opposite side of the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with butter mixture.
- Place into oven and bake until fish flakes easily with a fork and the tomatoes begin to burst and have softened, about 11-13 minutes.
- Serve with reserved butter mixture, garnished with parsley, if desired.