Thanksgiving Delites: Skinny Apple Pie
Before you’re even asked what you’ll bring for Thanksgiving dinner, make it known that you’re in charge of the apple pie. This recipe, made without a crust, is one of the most delicious desserts you’ll taste this holiday season. Without the having to complete with the flavors (or the challenges) of a crust, the apples take center stage. Coupled with a sweet crumble you’ve got an easy-to-make holiday recipe that won’t break the calorie bank. Consider topping with a little low-calorie whipped cream or ice cream for some holiday decadence. Enjoy!
4 green apples
½ cup sugar
1 cup flour
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup butter
Dash of salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use butter or light cooking spray to coat the glass baking dish.
- Slice the apples into thin pieces and toss with the sugar.
- Pour the apples into the baking dish and spread out to make an even layer.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and butter and mix until the texture resembles a crumble.
- Evenly spread the crumble over the apples until the apples are completely covered.
- Bake for 30 – 45 minutes, or until apples are tender when poked with a fork, and crumble is lightly browned.
- Allow to cool for ten minutes before serving.
- Top with low-calorie whipped cream or ice cream if desired.