Slow Cooker Pumpkin Curry Recipe
If you’re a fan of fall flavors but have never tried a savory pumpkin dish, this pumpkin curry will take your dinner plans from gourd to great! Pumpkin curry is delicious and creamy – and not too spicy. This recipe is also vegetarian-friendly and packed full of healthful veggies. We like it best served with white rice.
What You Need:
- 2 cups pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 cup vegetable broth + 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (or 1 cup chicken stock)
- 12 oz can of evaporated milk (or 15 oz can full-fat coconut milk)
- 2 tsp garam masala
- ½ tbsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can chickpeas, drained (if you prefer meat, use 2 chicken breasts cut into cubes)
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
What You Do:
- In a large crock pot, add the pumpkin puree, broth, evaporated milk, and all spices. Whisk together to combine evenly.
- Add the rest of your ingredients. Mix to coat evenly.
- Cook on “low” for 6 hours.