Superfood Breakfast Cookies
Inject a dose of fun to your busy, school mornings with this month’s Recharge Card recipe for delicious, nutritious, and fast superfood breakfast cookies. These bad boys are packed full of fiber, manganese, zinc, selenium, omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, protein, calcium and flavor. But shhh…don’t tell the kids! They’ll think you’re giving them cookies for breakfast and that’s what we call winning. Make a batch on Sunday to save time without sacrificing health all week long. What’s more? They’re nut free so you could even use them in school lunchboxes.
What you need:
- 2 very ripe medium-large bananas (the riper they are the sweeter the cookies will be)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 egg
- ¼ shredded coconut
- ¼ pumpkin seeds
- ¼ chopped dried apples
- ¼ dried cranberries (no sugar added)
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Pinch of salt
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Mash the ripe bananas in a bowl until smooth.
- Mix vanilla, cinnamon and egg. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining (dry) ingredients. Mix well.
- Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet until well coated.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes so the oats absorb the banana.
- Spoon batter on to lined baking sheet and bake for 13-15 minutes until golden. Keep in an air tight container and zap for a few seconds in the microwave on your way out the door.
Check out https://www.inshape.com/fitness-hub/ for more recipes.