Things We'll Miss Post-Pandemic
As we’re celebrating California’s reopening, we have a lot to look forward to—like getting in a workout at the club with no mask if you’re vaccinated! With the excitement of things feeling closer to normal, it’s easy to forget that there were actually a few bright spots during an otherwise difficult year. Here’s our list of habits we think we should all try to keep post-pandemic.
1. Family dinners – When everyone is home together, this seems obvious… but as things get busier, maybe we can keep having dinners as a family a few times a week. It’s a great way to slow down and reconnect.
2. Sleeping in – Sleep is important for recovery and overall health. Didn’t it feel good when you got enough sleep? You deserve it, so try to make it a priority. Can’t sleep in the same way you did during the pandemic? Try to tuck in half an hour earlier to get that much-needed rest.
3. Getting out in nature – Feeling cooped up at home meant many of us turned to outdoor activities more than ever before. Whether you found a love of hiking, biking, or just taking an after-dinner walk, try to keep that habit going.
4. Cooking healthy meals – Many of us learned how fun making a new recipe can be. That doesn’t have to end as the state reopens.
5. Virtual races and workouts – While we’re obviously stoked that our gyms can be open, sometimes the convenience of working out at home is hard to beat. Check your app to sign up for our #GetMoving2021 events, which includes virtual races and bootcamps through the rest of the year. Plus, you can continue to take workout classes at home on In-Shape Digital.