Workout 101: Burpees
Here's the "how-to" on executing this workout!
- Begin in the standing position with your feet shoulder-width apart, weight in the heels of your feet and your arms extended at your sides.
- Push your hips back and bend your knees into a squat position
- Place your hand onto the floor in front of you, just inside your feet and legs. Shift your weight forward.
- Jump your feet back, extending your legs, into a plank position while landing softly onto the balls of your feet. Your entire body to be parallel to the ground and be sure to keep your hips up, but your butt low.
- Jump your feet back towards the front so they land just outside of your hands and forearms.
- Reach your arms just over your head and proceed to explosively jump into the air.
- Upon your descent, land softly back onto the ground and immediately motion back to the squat position.