Outdoor fun is waiting at In-Shape! Come cool off at the pool, take a group fitness class, get in your reps, or play tennis, pickleball, and sand volleyball. Nine clubs are open now with more opening soon! Open to ALL active In-Shape members from any club location. We'd love to see you there!
AIR QUALITY UPDATE: We are monitoring the air quality due to surrounding wildfires and will take the necessary precautions if conditions change. The current air quality may be uncomfortable for some at risk groups, click here for current AQI info.
Join us at the following locations:
The following clubs are OPEN now for indoor and outdoor activities:
- Bakersfield Coffee Rd
- Bakersfield Seven Oaks
- El Dorado
- Fairfield Dover
- Fairfield Rancho Solano
- Merced Yosemite Ave
- Stockton West Lane
- Tracy Blvd
- Vacaville Browns Valley
- Vallejo Lincoln Road
- Visalia Demaree (outdoor activities only)
- Yuba City
How It Works:
- Make sure you have a credit card on file before your visit. You can add one to your account in the In-Shape app.
- Make a reservation using the In-Shape app. Pools (Lap Swim and Open Swim/Family Swim), Tennis, Pickleball and Group Fitness also require their own reservation. Learn how to make reservations here.
- Visit the club at your designated reservation time. Each reservation is two hours.
- Each member needs to have their own reservation and check-in individually, no group check-ins.
- Enjoy your workout or pool time!
How Much Does it Cost?
- For Bakersfield Coffee Rd, Bakersfield Seven Oaks and Yuba City, membership dues billing will resume on October 1, 2020. Credit owed from any closed days will be applied first before billing resumes.
- For Antioch, El Dorado, Fairfield Dover, Fairfield Rancho Solano, Merced Yosemite Ave, Stockton West Lane, Tracy Blvd, Vacaville Browns Valley and Visalia Demaree clubs, membership dues billing resumed September 1, 2020.
- For the Napa and Capitola clubs, membership dues billing resumed September 15, 2020 with prorated September dues. Credit owed from any closed days will be applied first before billing resumes.
- For all other clubs offering In-Shape Outdoors, members will have the option to activate their monthly dues for unlimited use or pay $7 per person, per visit. Members can select which option they'd prefer when making a reservation in the In-Shape app.
- If you're not quite ready to come back we understand, you just need to put your account on hold via the In-Shape app or Member Hub.
- For more details on billing, please visit our Billing FAQs.
Outdoor Amenities Include:
- Lap swim*
- Open swim/Family swim*
- Group fitness classes (including Aqua) every morning*
- Tennis, pickleball, sand volleyball*
- Over 60 pieces of cardio & selectorized equipment
- Free weights area
- Cycle area
- Pool lounge pods*
- Free InBody Composition Analysis* ($100 value)
Join us for your favorite Group Fitness classes outside! Classes are 30 or 45 minutes long and will be held in the morning. Reservations are required to attend, check the In-Shape app or the online Class Schedule for availability.
- WOD U-Jam
- Cardio & more!
Enjoy Our Refreshing Pools
Take a dip, swim some laps and bring the family for Open Swim! Reservations are required, check the In-Shape app for availability.
- Lap Swim reservations are for Lap Swimming only.
- Lap Swimming is also allowed with Open/Family Swim reservations, but be mindful that families may also be in the area.
- Open/Family Swim will require a pool pod reservation. Pool pods will be set up along the perimeter of the pool to provide a place for members to relax and keep physically distant.
InBody Composition Analysis
Want to know what you’re made of? The InBody scan breaks down your body composition to measure hydration and analyze lean muscle and fat content. With InBody, we can help you achieve your goals by focusing on fat loss, not just weight loss. Click here for more info.
Click the links below to see the map of cardio/weights area, courts, pool lanes and pool pod numbers for each club.
Fairfield Dover Merced Yosemite Ave
Rancho Solano Tracy Blvd
Visalia Demaree West Lane
Which club locations offer In-Shape Outdoors?
Click here to see the full list of clubs offering In-Shape Outdoors.
My home club is closed. Can I use another local club offering In-Shape Outdoors?
Yes! While your home club is closed, you’re invited to utilize an open club near you. When you make a reservation, you will have the option of paying $7 per visit or turning on your monthly dues.
Is this for In-Shape members only?
Currently, yes, this is for members with an active account. We are not allowing guests at this time (due to the need to make reservations in the app.) If you initiated a hold on your account, please remove the hold so you can join us. Reminder: no membership dues will be billed while your account is on hold. To remove a hold, please go to Profile > Membership Holds in the In-Shape app.
I'm not a member, can I join?
Yes, memberships are available at all the clubs that are open for In-Shape Outdoors. With a membership, you can visit any of the clubs listed below (and clubs that we’re able to reopen later). Select the club you'd like to join and join today!
I want to add back my kids/friends/neighbors to my account now. How do I do that?
My home club is offering In-Shape Outdoors, will my monthly dues be reactivated?
It depends. If your home club is Antioch, El Dorado, Fairfield Dover, Fairfield Rancho Solano, Merced Yosemite Ave, Stockton West Lane, Tracy Blvd, Vacaville Browns Valley or Visalia Demaree your dues will be reactivated and you will be charged beginning September 1st. For all other clubs offering In-Shape Outdoors, you will have the choice to pay per visit or activate your monthly dues (you can choose when making a reservation in the app). If you would like to put your account back on hold, you may do so with the In-Shape app.
To place your account on hold using the In-Shape app, tap the menu in the top left corner and select Profile > Membership Status then follow the prompts.
How do I pay?
- Pay per visit fees will be charged to your card on file or established AutoPay. Even if you use a credit card for monthly dues, you will need to add a card (same or different) on file to your account for these charges.
- For members whose monthly dues are activated, the method of payment on file for monthly dues will be used.
- For members whose monthly dues are activated, a credit from any closed days from July will be applied first.
If I change my mind and want to reactivate monthly dues, can I get a refund for my per visit charges?
No, check-in fees are non-refundable. However, if you decide to reactivate monthly dues after the 1st of the month, you will only be charged pro-rated dues based on the number of days remaining in the month.
What amenities are available?
Available amenities vary by location and include morning group fitness classes (including Aqua), pool (lap swim, family swim), pickleball, tennis, and sand volleyball. Bikes, benches, weights, barbells, kettlebells, and more equipment will also be available.
Do I need to make reservations?
Yes, reservations are required. Please review the available times for your desired activity and make a club reservation in advance of that time frame. Then, you can make specific reservations for your activity (class, tennis, pool lane, etc.) For example, if you want to lap swim at 9am, you should make a reservation to arrive between 8:30am-9:00am so you can enjoy every minute of your lap swim time. Click here for more info about how to make reservations.
What is a pool pod?
Pool pods will be set up along the perimeter of the pool to provide a place for members to relax with up to 5 members from the same household. There are four time blocks for the pool pods. Each pod will be sanitized in between reservations. Please reserve your pool pod in the In-Shape app, marked as Outdoor Lounge/Family Swim.
- 10:15am – 12:00pm
- 12:30pm – 2:15pm
- 2:45pm – 4:30pm
- 5:00pm – 6:45pm
Will I be charged if I make a reservation and don’t show up?
You will be charged when you check in. However, as a courtesy to other members, please cancel any reservations that you will not be using. If you do not arrive between your 30-minute arrival time frame, your club reservation and all associated activities will be cancelled.
Outdoor Sand Volleyball Rules
- Members may reserve the volleyball court by the hour
- Up to 8 people allowed on the court at a time.
- Reservations start at 6am
- Final reservation time is 6pm Monday – Friday, 3pm Sat/Sun
How long can I stay?
You’re welcome to stay up to 2 hours at the club (outdoors). Lap swim will be limited to 30 minutes and 1 person per lap lane or 4 people from the same household. You can reserve a pool lounge pod (max 4 people) for up to 1 hour and 45 minutes. There are 16 shaded lounge pods available. This will allow time for extra cleaning in between reservations.
How long can I lap swim?
Lap swim reservations are for 30 minutes. Only 1 person is allowed per lap lane (or up to 4 people from same household) and there are 5 lanes available.
Can I lap swim with an open swim/family swim reservation?
Yes, Lap Swimming is allowed with any pool reservation, but be mindful that families may also be present in the pool. Pool reservations (either Lap Swim or Open Swim/Family Swim) are still required to use the pool.
What courts or lanes are available?
Check out our Outdoor maps to see the available options for tennis, pickleball, volleyball, pool lanes and pool lounge pods.
What types of group fitness classes will be available?
Join us for Yoga Restore, Yoga Burn, Barre, Pilates, Cycle, ZUMBA, WOD U-Jam, Cardio and Aqua beginning Tuesday, August 4th. Classes will be 30 or 45 minutes long. Please check the class schedule in your app for current available classes.
Can I work out and use the pool during my visit?
Yes! Each member has a 2-hour window during their visit and may reserve multiple activities during that time including Group Fitness classes, court sports and/or pool time. Each activity requires its own reservation and is subject to limited capacity. Outdoor showers are available at select locations.
Will Kid Zone be open?
Kid Zone will be available at the El Dorado location beginning August 24th. Kids are welcome to visit the club if they have a membership, but a parent or guardian must accompany them. More news to come on kids programming.
Will locker rooms be available?
Locker rooms will only be available for handwashing and bathroom use. There is limited locker availability and no indoor showers are available at this time. Please come dressed ready to work out, play court sports or swim. Outdoor showers are available at select locations.
It gets hot outside. Will there be shade?
Yes, we will have tents and shading to keep everyone cool. Please bring your water bottle (pre-filled) to stay hydrated!
Will there be restrooms?
Yes, restrooms will be available.
Since this is outdoors, will temperature checks and masks be required?
Yes, temperature checks will be administered at check-in. Masks will be required for check-in/check-out. Masks are encouraged outside too (except while swimming).
I’m a senior and my membership is paid through my insurance. Do I have to pay the per visit fee?
No, your insurance will cover this fee.
Do I need to wear shoes while I’m outside?
Yes, please wear shoes or flip flops in the pool area. In all other areas we require the appropriate athletic footwear with toes covered. We want to ensure your feet/toes are protected from all the heavy weights and equipment.
WILL I GET ANY CREDIT FOR THE DAYS MY CLUB IS CLOSED?
We paused membership billing for the duration the clubs were closed. As a result, we will credit complimentary club access for any prepaid dues during our closure. For example, if your home club was closed for 12 days in July, you will be credited with 12 days of complimentary usage once the club reopens. This complimentary access may be in the form of a statement credit for use against future membership dues once the clubs reopens.