Hello there and welcome to our Fitness Hub filled with important information just for you! Here you’ll find the resources you need to stay healthy and fit, plus, you’ll be able to keep up with everything that’s going on at In-Shape.
To get you inspired and focused on healthy eating, try a snack before or after your workout. Happy eating!
Our Featured Recipe: Apple Pie Oatmeal
Start your day with a healthy breakfast that tastes like a dessert. This delicious oatmeal recipe is sweet, creamy, and satisfying. Best of all, it tastes like a slice of apple pie!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup old fashioned or steel cut oatmeal
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 apple thinly sliced then cut into thirds (basically thin bite sized pieces)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (optional)
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce (if you have the little cups each is ½ cup)
- In a medium sauce pan combine the almond milk, oatmeal, cinnamon and maple syrup.
- Heat on low until most of the milk is absorbed (stir as needed), until most of the milk is absorbed.
- Add in the apple sauce and stir together.
- Once all the apple sauce and milk is absorbed (15-20 minutes total) remove from heat and enjoy!
Each serving has: 309 calories, 5 g fats, 8 g fiber, 6 g protein, and 62 g carbs.