Easy Steak Salad
We’re fiercely feeling the full force of summer – serious time in the sun, backyard barbecues, pool parties and vacations filling your social calendar. It can be tough to make time to work out and eat right and who really wants to be stuck in the kitchen cooking in this weather?
So, with backyard barbecues, sunny weather and busy schedules in mind, we have the perfect Monday night meal waiting for you to whip up – an Easy Steak Salad. Add a few ingredients to that leftover steak from your weekend bash, and voila dinner is served. Made for cold grilled steak, this salad is easy, healthy and super delicious. We promise, it won’t just meat your expectations, it’ll exceed them!
What you need:
- 1 large red onion cut into thick slices
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 (5-oz.) container baby arugula
- 8 ounces sliced, grilled steak
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced basil
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
What you do:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a grill pan over medium heat (or spray with cooking spray if you have that instead!)
- Add sliced red onion and grill until tender, approximately ten minutes. Set aside in a bowl covered with plastic wrap to continue the cooking process.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the onion slices and their juices.
- Add tomatoes and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the arugula.
- Divide tomato, onion and arugula mixture between four plates and top with steak, avocado, basil and almond slices.