Easy Steak Salad
So you finally grilled up that steak you’ve had sitting in the freezer and now you have a ton of leftovers. Steak sandwiches are okay, but we prefer to ditch the heavy carbs and go for something more refreshing. Instead, we suggest making this steak salad. Easy, healthy, delicious, and takes no time at all to whip up. We promise: it won’t just meat your expectations, it’ll exceed them!
What you need:
- 1 large red onion cut into thick slices
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 (5-oz.) container baby arugula
- 8 ounces sliced, grilled steak
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced basil
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
What you do:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a grill pan over medium heat (or spray with cooking spray if you have that instead!)
- Add sliced red onion and grill until tender, approximately ten minutes. Set aside in a bowl covered with plastic wrap to continue the cooking process.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the onion slices and their juices.
- Add tomatoes and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the arugula.
- Divide tomato, onion and arugula mixture between four plates and top with steak, avocado, basil and almond slices.