New Years Eve Healthy Appetizer: Watermelon Feta Bites
It might seem strange, but watermelon and feta cheese make a great team. Dress it up with a drizzle of balsamic reduction and you have a New Year’s Eve appetizer that everyone will love.
Low-calorie and low in carbs, this fruit-based snack is easy to prepare ahead of time. To avoid watermelon juice pooling on the plate, store the pre-cut watermelon squares on a folder paper towel in an air-tight container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2 cups watermelon sliced into squares
- 1 package whole feta cheese, sliced into squares
- Balsamic glaze
Balsamic Glaze Ingredients
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- To make the balsamic glaze, combine ½ cup balsamic vinegar with 3 tablespoons brown sugar and simmer until the liquid resembles the consistency of syrup.
- Slice the watermelon and the feta into similar shapes and stack with the feta in the middle.
- Drizzle with the balsamic glaze and serve