FIGHT CANCER: Does My Donation Make a Difference?
With our annual Fight Cancer campaign well underway, we are getting closer to our goal of $185,000 for cancer research. Since cancer affects us all, our Fight Cancer campaign is an opportunity to make a real difference in our communities through the support of organizations like The American Cancer Society (ACS). EVERY dollar counts and goes directly to local ACS chapters to do good in your community.
Did you know…
The American Cancer Society is helping save more lives than ever before. They’re empowering activists, delivering breakthrough research, and supporting patients and their families every day. In 2017, the American Cancer Society:
- Provided 452,000 nights of free lodging to cancer patients and their families at their Hope Lodge® facilities.
- Organized Relay for Life and other events to support those facing cancer and to raise funds and awareness for the cause. 3.5 million people gathered for these events in 2017!
- Contributed, through CHANGE grants, to 602,000 low- or no-cost screening exams in underserved communities.
- Successfully advocated to Congress for a $475 million increase in medical research funding for the National Cancer Institute.
Ready to join us in the fight against cancer? Here are all the ways you can donate:
- Participate in a group fitness or bootcamp event
- Buy a paper kettlebell at your local club
- Tag social posts with #InShapeFightsCancer ($1 donated for every post tagged)
- Buy a coloring card for your child
- Join the club or refer a friend ($1 donated for every new member in October)
- Purchase FIGHT CANCER shirts, mugs, and other retail (shop online or in your club)
- Donate from the In-Shape app (new!)
Visit inshape.com/inshapefightscancer for more information on our special events!