Monthly Mocktail: Three red, white, and blue mocktails for Labor Day
Labor Day Weekend is not the end of summer. Period the end. Too often “Labor Day” means no more white jeans, Hawaiian shirts, open-toed shoes, or half days at work. But it doesn’t have to be this way! Summer’s the best season of the year, so let’s make it last as long as possible! Home-improvement projects get started and completed, photo albums get made and ordered, weekend trips get planned and taken, and workouts goals get set and accomplished. One National Holiday should not be the end of any of this, even if work days and summer shorts and dresses have to get a little longer.
To celebrate this amazing three-day weekend and the continuation of a summer-state-of mind through the entire month of September, try making these patriotic red, white, and blue drinks for your Labor Day shindig. Everyone in the family will enjoy these refreshing beverages and you can rejoice in the idea that summer is far from over.
Liberation Libation ~ 121 Calories
- 6 ounces Goody Blue Pop Berry Cream Soda ® (60 calories)
- 4 ounces coconut water (15 calories)
- 4 ounces club soda (0 calories)
- ½ ounce lime juice (4 calories)
- ½ cup blueberries (42 calories)
Combine all of the ingredients in a glass filled with ice and stir well.
Strength and Prosperity ~ 60 Calories
- 1 ounce strawberry syrup (40 calories)
- 3 ounces light lemonade (5 calories)
- ¼ ounce fresh lemon juice (2 calories)
- 8 ounces sparkling water (0 calories)
- ¼ cup sliced strawberries (13 calories)
Combine all of the ingredients in a glass filled with ice and stir well. Garnish with a strawberry and serve.
Wonderful Weekend ~ 136 Calories*
- 1 cup coconut water (45 calories)
- 1.5 ounces pineapple juice (25 calories)
- 2 ounces frozen lemonade concentrate (66 calories)
- 1.5 cups ice
- Dusting of coconut flakes* (15 – 45 calories) optional
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. Pour into a wide-mouthed drinking glass, or scoop into a glass with a narrow opening. Dust with coconut flakes if desired and serve.