New Year, New You Fitness Resolution Tips
It’s a new year and at the top of your list is getting into shape. You must remember, it takes more than a balanced and nutritious diet to lose weight, tone up and build strength. To maximize your goals, it’s important to create a proper fitness routine before you can start seeing results.
We all know how hard it can be to get into the gym. Keeping up with a daily workout can be daunting and often difficult to balance among your busy schedule. It’s important to find ways to keep yourself accountable to your workout. To help keep you moving toward success, here five ways to help you accomplish your goals this year!
1. Set a Goal: Whether it’s a number on the scale or a half marathon, setting a short term goal can help motivate you to continue working out. Write it out and post it on your refrigerator or front door, anywhere that will keep you reminded of you of what you’re working towards.
2. Start Small: It’s very easy to give up quickly when you do too much too fast. If you haven’t hit the gym in a while, a 60-minute run on the treadmill may not be the best idea. Try walking at a fast pace for 30-minutes and building up as time goes on!
3. Mark your Calendar: Treat your workout like any other commitment you have in your life. Pencil your gym time in your calendar or set a reminder on your phone, so you don’t miss that cycling class or daily jog around the neighborhood.
4. Find a Buddy: Research has shown that working out with a partner will keep you motivated and accountable. It’s more fun working out with a friend. Not only will it keep you active, but give you time to catch up.
5. Incorporate Variety: Doing the same thing over and over again can be discouraging and cause you to burn out. Change up your workouts, it’s also great to keep your body guessing. Designating a different muscle group for every day of the week or try out a new exercise you’ve been thinking about.
Accomplish your goals this year with the help of these five simple steps. Don’t forget, share your progress with In-Shape! We want to see how you are exploring your In-Shape Attitude. Use #inshapeattitude on any Instagram post and tag @InShapeClubs in any of your fitness and health photos. Happy New Year!