Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
Get out of the kitchen and into the living room with family and friends and let your slow cooker do the work this Thanksgiving. Keep it simple, keep it healthy and keep it tasty with this easy Mashed Sweet Potato recipe! We all know there are always last minute things like carving the turkey, making the gravy or helping Aunt Mim find her glasses. Plus, sweet potatoes are a great source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Time to dig in.
What you need:
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- ⅓ cup milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- more milk for beating
What you do:
- Place peeled and cut sweet potato chunks and ⅓ cup of milk in the slow cooker.
- Cover and turn to high for 1½ hours or until tender (test by poking a fork in to see if they are tender).
- When tender, turn to warm until ready to beat.
- Add the salt, brown sugar, cinnamon and coconut oil, plus 2 more tablespoons of milk.
- Beat until smooth and transfer to a serving dish.