Try It Out Tuesdays: Pull
March 12: Battle Ropes
The battle ropes look like they’re only for the beasts in the club, but they really are for everyone. You can adjust the intensity by changing your stance, grip, speed, and distance from the anchor point. We love using them for HIIT workouts that not only challenge the arms, but challenge the core, legs, and back too. They work the entire body in a very short amount of time.
This week’s Try it Out Tuesday Move of the Week are the battle rope waves. You’ll Improve endurance, grip strength, balance and stability. Remember, our Trainers are here every Tuesday at 9 am and 5 pm to show you the ropes.
- Stand facing anchor point.
- Grab rope with thumbs up and find an athletic position with knees soft, feet shoulder width, and chest up-right.
- Begin by extending your arms up and extending your hips to generate power.
- Maintaining athletic posture, pull the rope downward as you sit your hips back generating power through the rope.
- Slowly decelerate heavy ropes.
March 5: TRX® Pull-Up
Want to increase strength in the upper back, shoulders and lats? This week’s Try it Out Tuesday Move of the Week is the TRX® Pull-Up. It also prevents injury by developing muscles that support and protect the spine. Plus, it’ll improve your body weight pull-up technique.
- Adjust the straps to the overshortened height.
- Start seated facing the anchor point, with your arms extended above your head.
- Grab the handles with your hands above the shoulders and hips, knees bent and feet shoulder width apart.
- Maintaining a braced core, pull yourself up leading the movement with back muscles.
- Pull your chest to the handles by squeezing biceps and putting your shoulder blades into your back pocket.
- As you lower to start position, keep shoulder stable, back flat and core braced.