Revised June 5, 2017
Use by Minors
ISHC’s Sites are intended for use by adults, and you must be at least 18 years of age to provide personally identifying information to us. The Sites are not targeted towards, nor intended for use by, anyone under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from children under the age of 18. By using the Sites, you represent that you are at least 13 years old, and by providing any personally identifying information to us, you represent that you are at least 18 years old.
Information We Collect
When you access and use the Sites, we may directly or indirectly collect information that identifies or relates to you, which includes, without limitation:
- Information on how you would like us to contact you, including your name, address, phone number, and email address. This information may be provided when you contact us about joining ISHC, benefits of membership and services we offer, other information about us, or your account with us, including your username, password, membership number, log-in and check-in details, scheduling, appointments, and purchases.
- Information such as your age, date of birth, or gender.
- Information about how you use our Sites, including pages you access, your IP address, internet connection, browser, computer, and mobile device.
- Information related to the purchase of and payment for membership and other services and goods through our Sites, including bank account and credit card information and billing addresses.
- When you engage with our Sites through Social Media or Apps, including through the linkage of a social media profile to our Sites, information may be made available to, and collected by, ISHC and our Sites through your social media profile or account.
How We Use the Information We Collect
The personal information about you that we collect through our Sites may be used to satisfy our business purposes, to provide you the information, products and services you request, and to provide you with a more streamlined experience with our Sites focused on specific services and products related to your prior use. This may include the use of that information for, but not limited to, the following reasons:
- To open and manage member accounts.
- To process, validate and verify membership in connection with requested services, purchases or other transactions that may be requested.=
- To provide the ability to contact members in connection with billings, membership issues and related information.
- To respond to customer service inquiries.
- To send mail and emails with respect to ISHC’s Clubs, member policies, class schedules, events and similar matters.
- To provide information about membership promotions, new products and services and special offers, including those offered by trusted third-party providers. (You may opt out of receiving promotional email messages by using the unsubscribe link located on the email or by emailing us a request at email@example.com. If you opt-out of receiving promotional emails, you will continue to receive messages related to your membership, such as billing notices and club operations.)
- To understand more about individual members and users of the Sites so that ISHC can customize information about its services, products and other offers to a user’s preferences.
- To enhance existing products and services, and develop new features, products and services.
- To conduct member surveys in order to provide better services and products to our members and other users.
- To analyze ways to change or improve the products and services ISHC offers, determine what other products and services may be of interest to our members, and evaluate our business operations and future business needs.
Sharing of Information You Provide
- Other companies or individuals we retain or subcontract with to perform specific functions on our behalf, for example, sending direct-mail or email promotions or advertisements. In such instances, these other companies and individuals have access to your personal information in order to perform the specific functions we have retained them to perform, but they may not use your information for any other purpose.
- With social networks or third-party apps, but only when you initiate the interaction, for example, if you “like” us on Facebook or connect your social media account to our Sites, or if you elect to connect a third-party app to our Sites. We do not control these third parties or their privacy practices.
- If there is a reorganization, merger or sale of ISHC or any of its affiliates, we may transfer your personal information to the purchasing or reorganized entity.
- Cookies. ISHC Sites use “cookies,” which are data that a web server transfers to an individual computer for recordkeeping purposes. Cookies help facilitate users' access to and use of the Sites. Cookies allow the Sites’ servers to recognize a user’s computer and any settings that were previously entered on ISHC’s Sites.
- Server Log Files. Your computer is automatically assigned an Internet Protocol (IP) address by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), which allows your computer to be identified. Whenever you visit the Sites, your IP address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files, along with the time of your visit and the pages within our Sites that you visited. The purpose of tracking an IP address is to calculate the usage levels of the Sites, help diagnose problems with servers, to administer the Sites, and improve and enhance your experience using the Sites.
- Pixel Tags. The Sites may use “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means to compile statistics about usage of the Sites and response rates. This allows ISHC to monitor usage trends of the Sites.
You may regulate how your internet browser responds to cookies, including turning off cookies. If you completely disable cookies, you may not have access to features that will improve and enhance your use of our Sites.
ISHC does not allow third parties to collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our Sites. In regard to delivering ISHC advertisements to individuals, the use of non-PII data (non-personally identifiable information), website visitation data and website activity data are utilized by our partners in order to better target ads and provide a more relevant experience. This non-PII data does not identify an individual person yet it typically identifies a device or browser. As a result, we do not respond to “do not track” signals.
Our Sites may offer links to the sites of other companies or to other products or services. When you click on such a link, you will be directed away from ISHC’s Sites, and you will be connecting directly to the website or app a third-party. Third-parties may collect information about you which will be used under their own privacy practices. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PRIVACY PRACTICES OR THE COLLECTION OR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION FROM ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. You should read and understand the privacy policies and practices of any third-party websites or apps you visit or use.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have a right to request a notice describing the categories of personal information we share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes and the names and address of the third parties to which we have disclosed personal information about you for their own direct marketing purposes within the past year. You may make one request per calendar year, and the information may be provided in a standardized format which is not specific to you individually. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at: In-Shape Health Clubs, 6 S. El Dorado Street, Suite 600, Stockton, California 95202, Attention: Member Services.
How to Contact ISHC