Kid Zone Reopening FAQs
Which clubs have Kid Zone available?
We are very excited to be reopening the Kid Zone in many of our clubs. Please see below for the list of clubs offering Kid Zone once they reopen indoors with additional clubs opening soon.
- Bakersfield Coffee Road
- Bakersfield Oswell
- Bakersfield Seven Oaks
- Bakersfield White Lane
- Cathedral City
- El Dorado
- Fairfield Dover
- Fairfield Rancho Solano
- Merced Yosemite Ave
- Modesto Floyd
- Modesto McHenry North
- Modesto Prescott
- Palmdale East
- Salinas Northeast
- Stockton Hammer Lane
- Tracy Blvd
- Vacaville Browns Valley
- Vallejo Lincoln Road
- Victorville North
- Visalia Demaree
- Visalia Mooney North
- Yuba City
What hours are Kid Zone open?
Hours vary by club. Check the In-Shape app for availability and your club's hours.
Do I need a reservation?
Yes, you will need to reserve a spot. There will be multiple blocks to choose from each day during the Kid Zone’s current opening hours. The block reservations enable our team to close and clean for 30 minutes between each group of children. Click here for instructions on how to make a Kid Zone reservation.
What age children are allowed in the Kid Zone?
Children ages 3-12 will have access to the Kid Zone.
What activities are currently available in the Kid Zone?
We’ll have options for the kids: everything from coloring to building blocks, reading time or homework. The movement activity every 15 minutes will consist of Simon says, freeze dance, kids style yoga, jumping jacks, etc. (to get their wiggles out!).
What can my child bring to the Kid Zone?
Children can bring their own personal electronic devices, but we ask all other items remain at home.
What if my child doesn’t want to wear a mask?
Children are required to wear a mask at all times while in the club or will need to stay at home.
How are you maintaining physical distancing practices for young children?
In order to maintain physical distancing standards, set forth by the California Daycare Guidelines, we will place children in activity pods, or groups, of four or less. Each pod will have its own table with children spaced apart. Where possible, families will be grouped together. Children are required to wear masks. At the end of each block, the Kid Zone will be cleaned and sanitized before opening up for the next block.
What are you doing to keep the Kid Zone safe and clean?
We’ve created a new approach to our Kid Zone to keep it safe, clean and open.
- All children are required to wear masks.
- All children will have their temperature checked and use hand sanitizer upon entering.
- All children will be grouped into an activity pod of four or less in order to maintain physical distancing standards, set forth by the California Daycare Guidelines. Each pod will have its own table with children spaced apart.
- The Kid Zone will be cleaned between each block.
- Kid Zone attendants must wash their hands every hour.
- We’ve implemented block scheduling and reservations. This will enable our team to clean between each group of children. It also facilitates our activity pods.
- Toys will be stored in bins labeled clean and dirty per CA guidelines.
- The Kid Zone, like the rest of the club, will be deep cleaned and disinfected every night.