KID ZONE POLICIES
In-Shape is not a licensed childcare facility and is exempt from licensing pursuant to Health & Safety Code section 1596.792. In-Shape only provides babysitting and Kid Zone facilities in accordance with the following restrictions:
- Parent or legal guardian must be on the premises at all times for children to attend the babysitting and Kid Zone facilities.
- Children must be on a membership (along with a current photo) and may only be checked in or out by their parent or legal guardian on the same membership. Members may not bring cousins, friends or children they are babysitting even if the child is on another membership. Babysitting and Kid Zone facilities are for use by children only when their parent or legal guardian is at the Club.
- There is a two-hour maximum for any child (club time limits vary between 90 minutes and two hours).
- Age limits: 6 months - 12 years old
- Food is not permitted. Drinks are permissible but must be in labeled spill proof bottles or drink cups with the child’s name.
- Parents are permitted to bring in electronic devices for children. No cloth toys allowed.
- Team Members do not assist in diapering, toileting, dressing, grooming, bathing, or other personal hygiene.
- Team Members do not assist with taking medications. We do not store and/or distribute medications.
- Team Members do not monitor food intake or special diets.
- A child with cold or flu symptoms (i.e. runny nose, fever, eye or skin irritations, vomiting or diarrhea, etc.) will not be admitted. Team Members reserve the right to turn away children who appear to be sick.
- If disciplinary action is necessary, a time out will be given as a temporary measure. If a child continues to present a problem, parents will be paged and asked to remove their child by the parent.
- If a child cries for more than 10 minutes, the parent must remove the child.
- Parents should be patient the first few visits and should not leave their child for the maximum time allowed.
- Wet clothes or swimsuits are not permitted.
- Children must wear shoes on the floor, socks in the maze. Bare feet are not permitted.
- We reserve the right to refuse the care of any child.
- If Team Members feel that child safety is at risk because of overcrowding, we reserve the right not to admit any more children.
- The same member should check their children in and out of the facility. If another parent is going to pick up the child, this must be indicated at check-in and a note will be placed in the computer system. That parent must also be on the membership with a valid picture.
- Only a parent/guardian is allowed to drop off or pick up children from the Kid Zone.
- Grand Parent Membership and Waiver required for Grandparents to drop off and pick up children.
- If a parent attempts to pick up a child and the picture does not match our system or there is no picture on the system for the parent, Kid Zone Team Member must verify parent’s identity with picture ID or with information on computer such as date of birth.
For more information, please visit our Kid Zone FAQs:
KID ZONE FAQS